On 1 Sep 2006 at 13:40, William T Goodall wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2006, at 5:47AM, Ritu wrote:
>

> > William T Goodall wrote:
> >
> >> In rural India little girls are still sold to temples as sex slaves
> >
> > In rural India little girls are sold as maids/bonded slaves,
>
> Devadasis are well documented. See here for example
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/
> 2071612.stm
>
> > sex slaves
> > to European paedophiles [a British guy was the latest one to be
> > convicted]. Obviously, all Europeans are evil and must be eradicated.
>
> There's lots of evil in the world. I'm talking about the part that's
> caused by religion.

No, it's caused by people. Religion is the excuse used.

For example, the Israeli-Arab wars...entirely about water and land
rights. NOT about religions or peoples.

> Theists cannot be trusted as they believe that right and wrong are
> the arbitrary proclamations of invisible demons.

Aggressive atheists cannot be trusted since they believe right and
wrong are entirely relative and their ethics are based on no firm
principles except intolerance and the hatred of the religious.

Andrew Crystall