jon louis mann wrote:
> Catapults?

Luxury Zeppelins.  I think it's high time we had nice luxury zeppelin
travel.  Floating 5-star bars in the sky with ample leg room and good
views.  No airports, no TSA, no rush, "under the radar" for the most
part...  just debarking from private fields and decorated mooring
towers, hopefully near nice city entertainment districts or near good
mass transit to such...  Who wouldn't enjoy the retro-futuristic cruise
ships of the sky?

There's no reason we couldn't bring back a sense of luxury to mass
transit.  There's no reason we couldn't bring back a sense of personal
ownership and investment to mass transit.  (You can't run a passenger
Zeppelin without a personal name like The Heart of Helium and a well
uniformed Captain that would die before another man piloted her...)

We might not ever see luxury rail travel again in this country, but if
someone is willing to give me a few million dollars I'd be happy to
start building a fleet of my airships...

Pipe Dream?  Perhaps.  But I'd rather take a leisurely zeppelin ride
with a micro-brew or a bourbon on a rocks and chatting with some classy
noir dame than ride the modern sardine can that is an airplane...
Sometimes the future isn't as good as it used to be.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/