On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, Robert Seeberger wrote:

> You wonder why Texans think of themselves as tough?<G> Yesterday I was
> moving, packing boxes into a Uhaul, lifting furniture and all that for
> over 10 hours. Houston is much more humid than Austin and the temp where
> I live was 104F.
> About 2 hours into the moving I pulled a muscle in my back. But the show
> must go on.
> I feel ">WONDERFUL<" this morning! <G>

OK, now I feel like a total wuss, having just been loading things into a
truck for about 30 minutes, then riding in an air-conditioned vehicle to
where we unloaded it, and just being the primary person shifting things
around IN the truck for other people to REMOVE from the truck, and not
having even had my hands on the @#$% cart loaded with stuff (and the
former roadie told us it was about 1500 pounds) that was loaded IN before
I started putting other stuff in, and taken OUT after half the stuff was
removed and another fifth of the stuff shifted to give it maneuvering
room.  (And then rearranged about half of what was left after that to make
all the boxes of books just one layer deep.)  And then a ride back to my
car in someone else's air-conditioned vehicle, again, only this time there
was an extra person, so those of us in the back seat were a little more
squished than we were on the way out.

And I think it was only about 101F where I was doing all that.  :)

Being able to lift is FUN!  Teardown of a con is FUN!  Drinking the
Kool-Aid is FUN!

        Julia