> "McCain's VP Wants Creationism Taught in School"
>
> http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/08/mccains-vp-want.html
> Told you Maru
> William T Goodall

I'm reading that blog entry a little different. She appears to be advocating
to allow the debate and discussion of both. I didn't read anything that
shows her as completely supporting creationism instead of evolution.

It reads like she's trying to be politically correct as not to offend either
camp:

"Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of education. Healthy debate
is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent
of teaching both."

Asked by the Anchorage Daily News whether she believed in evolution,
Palin declined to answer, but said that "I don't think there should
be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class."

"I'm not going to pretend I know how all this came to be," she said.

I don't think I would want it to be taught as an "equal" alternative, but
she's right, a healthy (and controlled) debate about a socially sensitive
subject could be a healthy and useful life skill to develop.