Because I believe that historical data is useful.  I think this is a point
where we have very strong differences.  In your replies to most, you tend to
ignore/snip a wealth of data that have been presented.

You can see why there is such speculation on your background.  For me, the
fun with debating with you is the development of a model of an entity that
writes the posts you do.

I should thank you for entertaining me while I'm working hard.

BTW, Dave, I would argue against moderation of John's posts because I do
find them entertaining.  Right now, after his fights with Gautam, one of the
points I'm trying to model is whether he doesn't know how much others know
or if he thinks that knowledge is useless.

It's almost as much fun as reading "alternate thinkers" argue against QM on
sci.physics in the good old days of the internet. :-)

YMMV, but I find that type of viewpoint helpful when I read his posts.

Dan M.