Original Message:
-----------------
From: Charlie Bell char...@culturelist.org
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:10:27 +1000
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com
Subject: Re: Iran

On 28/06/2009, at 8:15 AM, Dan M wrote:

> Even with reporters locked up in their hotel rooms, I would guess than
> marches of tens of thousands would be heard in the hotels.  The
> types of
> reports that are getting out indicate that, if anything, the younger
> more
> militant aspects of the guard are increasing their power.  (I'm
> thinking of
> the folks who captured a UK ship as an example).

>Um... a ship? Do you mean the Marines patrol boat a couple of years
>ago? Wasn't a ship.

Sorry Charlie.  You have to remember that, when I was I kid I was on many a
boat longer than 200 meters, with the biggest over 300 meters and > 30k
tons.   I realize that it wasn't a big ship, but the way I was raised:
saltwater=ship, freshwater=boat.  Size didn't matter. But that's what I
meant, yea. Even in Britian you might have heard the song "the Wreck of the
Edmund Fitzgerald.  I was on the Mighty Fitz a number of times and can
still close my eyes amd remember the smell of those boats.

Dan M.