On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 1:09 AM, John Williams <jwilliams4...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Doug Pensinger<brig...@zo.com> wrote:
>
> > If regulations and restrictions have such a detrimental effect then why
> do
> > other, more restrictive nations have much more efficient and effective
> > health care systems?
>
> That is a complicated subject, and I do not believe I claimed that
> there is a large detrimental effect on costs, but in the spirit of
> your one sentence question, I will give a once sentence reply:

Many apologies for being able to make my point without being long winded.

Many
> countries ration health care more than the US, thus restricting their
> people to less health care than people in the US, and by not allowing
> people to choose low- "effectiveness" care paid for by other people,
> they reduce overall spending without significantly reducing certain
> metrics of effectiveness (NOT including customer satisfaction, though)

 Ha, you sound like a politician John.  But how much less health care can
there be in these universal systems considering some 16% of our country
isn't covered at all?  And are you saying that customer satisfaction is
better in the U.S. because I'd have to call you on that one too.

Doug