A business decision that injures public health.

On Dec 7, 2010 3:15 PM, "Dan Minette" <danmine...@att.net> wrote:

>Only a sociopath and pervert can think that
>breastfeeding is pornography. It's disrespectful
>to...
Actually, it doesn't, Alberto.  Facebook is free, last time I looked.  I can
choose to use it or not use it.  If a network won't let me refer to physics,
and takes all examples of QM off it, it's not criminalizing QM.

Perhaps Facebook is making a business decision.  Will disallowing pictures
of breastfeeding on Facebook gain it more prudish members than allowing it
would gain members interested in details of breastfeeding that can best be
shown by pictures?

Not allowing women to breastfeed in, say, Mall of the Americas is one thing.
That severely curtails breastfeeding mom's ability to go there.  But, there
are other ways to communicate such info on the web, so not allowing someone
to post it on one's Facebook account can be seen as a purely business
decision.

Dan M.