Your EPA patch works well on my system and the code looks fine so I applied
it to SVN.
I also commented out all writes to vpriv in the normal computation code
from all primitives to prevent normal computation errors. In case this is
causing any rendering issues.

Please check to see if you get the expected rendering output on your system
now.