> Right. But I think it's also necessary to change the CMakefiles in order to
> install the .cl files somewhere. I'm unsure where to place them.

Probably best will be to just put them in some subdir of our data dir for now.
We’ll probably eventually want to set things up in the offline-compilation
manner where binary kernels are loaded like regular libs, but JIT compiles with
sources in the install tree will work fine too.

A line like this in the CMakeFiles.txt should do the trick:

set(CL_FILES
  file1.cl
  file2.cl
)
BRLCAD_ADDDATA(CL_FILES OpenCL)

This should install the files into DATA_DIR/OpenCL, which on a default install
will be something like /usr/brlcad/dev-7.25.0/share/OpenCL/.

In the C loading code, you can get the path to the file like this:

const char *clfile1 = bu_brlcad_data(“OpenCL/file1.cl”, 0);

You can also just look up the OpenCL dir and manually append / search for
files, e.g., with bu_file_exists().

Cheers!
Sean