Rakshika,

Therefore, you want to write a function
    automatic_polygonal_mesh_healing(struct polygonal_mesh mesh)
which can be used both in BRL-CAD and OpenSCAD.  The main problem for
a portable module here is the polygonal_mesh structure which both
applications have to provide.  Possible solutions could be:

1.) There are converters for BRL-CAD and OpenSCAD which convert the
specific mesh structures (e.g. bot in BRL-CAD) to "struct
polygonal_mesh" and back.

2.) polygonal_mesh is the application specific mesh structure.  Access
to it is handled via compiler switches:
#if defined(BRLCAD)
    use polygonal_mesh like a bot
#elif defined(OPENSCAD)
    use polygonal_mesh like a OpenSCAD mesh structure
#endif

3.) Use C++.  polygonal_mesh is an abstract base class with
instantiable implementations for BRL-CAD and OpenSCAD which has
methods for all types of accesses needed by your algorithm.

4.) ?

Regards,
    Daniel