> Daniel,
>
> I get what you meant. So, in essence, the polygonal_mesh gets its attributes
> from the appropriate mesh (bot/polyset) and then uses those under the name
> of polygonal_mesh. So, quite a bit of design is required here.
>
> How about we design a data structure that can talk to both the primitives
> (essentially, not losing any of the extra features of both the native
> structures)? Maybe like a kind of union of both the primitives. So, when we
> need to convert, we never have to compromise on any piece of information.
> This is like an extension to the merging method i had mentioned before. Does
> this seem feasible?

I don't think this is a good idea because, e.g., BRL-CAD had to
include a part of OpenSCAD then.

If BRL-CAD has a function automatic_polygonal_mesh_healing() which has
a polygonal_mesh parameter which knows OpenSCAD's PolySet then BRL-CAD
had to contain the PolySet header and source code files to compile
this.  This is unnecessary.

Regards,
    Daniel