Daniel,

I get what you meant. So, in essence, the polygonal_mesh gets its
attributes from the appropriate mesh (bot/polyset) and then uses those
under the name of polygonal_mesh. So, quite a bit of design is required
here.

How about we design a data structure that can talk to both the primitives
(essentially, not losing any of the extra features of both the native
structures)? Maybe like a kind of union of both the primitives. So, when we
need to convert, we never have to compromise on any piece of information.
This is like an extension to the merging method i had mentioned
before. Does this seem feasible?

Regards,
Rakshika.