Hi

My reply is a bit of off-topic on this list, but it might interest some
readers.

Shérab <sebastien.hinde...@ens-lyon.org> writes:
 > I am wondering what you guys find most comfortable to read books in text
 > formats. Perhaps the first question could be which file format do you
 > prefer?

Anything somehow text-based. Anything that is understood by pandoc or other
conversion tools.

 > And then, which tool do you use to read it?

I use my own application (written in python3 + brlapi). It is a tool which
does not write anything to the TTY, but only communicates with the user using
BrlAPI.

My program supports (at the moment) only one bookmark per file. It has a
limited built-in text editor (for correcting spelling mistakes), an English to
Finnish dictionary lookup tool, and it supports regex-searching across files.

Its features make up a bit odd combination, because I just implemented what I
myself needed.

The tool is not available anywhere, because its keybindings are very weird.
That is due to BRLTTY's command set. For example I have bound KEY_CMD_INFO to
a convenient key on my Focus Blue display in my personal BRLTTY configuration.

I consider updating my application, if BrlAPI's command key handling improves.

One useful thing about my program is that I never need to hit PageDown or care
about long lines wider than the terminal.

--
Aura