Shérab asked what lb is. Lb, just like Bless, is a program for displaying text files, including but not limited to Braille files, on the computer. LB stands for Less with Bookmarks. (Great minds think alike and so do ours.) LB is a suite of about ten Bash scripts, eight or so of them executable and the others called by lb to do special things it needs. It also includes man pages. They're in a .tar.bz2 file which I will send to those who ask for it. I spent about ten years developing these files, adding bells and whistles as I thought of or needed them. I use it all day every day to read books or other long files. It's been tested on Linux, Sun, Cygwin and Mac, and should work with few if any changes on any platform that supports Bash.

Anyone who wants to try it out can write to me at leem...@comcast.net. I hope you like it as much as I do. :-))

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." --Lewis Carroll