On Wed, Oct 07, 2026 at 09:51:05PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2026 at 04:43:13PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2026 23:31:21 +0200
> > > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]>
> > > 
> > > 1) there is a test with -o /dev/null and --split-size 1, to make sure that
> > >    the resuting Info file is non-split.  /dev/null is substituted by the
> > >    platform null device in the main program (in tests), and if the output
> > >    file name is the platform null device non-split is supposed to be
> > >    chosen in conversion to Info.  The test fails both for Perl with XS
> > >    and ctexi2any, the Info file remains split.
> > 
> > I the "-o /dev/null" is in a shell scvript, then the MSYS2 Bash will
> > convert that to the native Windows null device when invoking MinGW
> > texi2any.  So in that case there's no reason to replace /dev/null, and
> > maybe the fact that you do causes the problem (but I didn't look at
> > the code or the failures, so apologies if what I say makes no sense).
> > 
> > See above: maybe MSYS2 did the job for you?
> 
> This seems like a good hypothesis, probably MSYS2 uses nul and not NUL,
> so it does not match.  I can fix that by making the comparison
> independent of the string case for nul.

I did that in this commit:
https://cgit.git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/texinfo.git/commit/?id=4a9384eeaed4753f31d4e8507bcdae06c49bcc1b

However it did not solve the issue.  Maybe the platform null device is
not correctly set.  Or I did a mistake in the implementation.  In any
case, not easy to debug when there is no access to the platform.

-- 
Pat

Reply via email to