> Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2026 13:46:40 +0200
> From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected], Bruno Haible <[email protected]>
> 
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2026 at 09:51:31AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > This seems like a good hypothesis, probably MSYS2 uses nul and not NUL,
> > > so it does not match.  I can fix that by making the comparison
> > > independent of the string case for nul.
> > 
> > File-name comparison for the MinGW build of Texinfo should be
> > case-insensitive anyway, because the OS filesystem is.
> 
> As far as I can tell, it is not what we decided in the past, see
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2023-01/msg00038.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2023-01/msg00057.html
> 
> The user should set explicitely -c CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAMES=1

I meant file-name comparison in the test suite.  The above discussions
talk about something entirely different.

> Note that the comparison with "nul" is done independently of the file
> names comparison, so we can easily compare "nul" case insensitively,
> while still comparing file names in a case sensitive way. 

I'm saying that in the test suite _all_ file names should be compared
case-insensitively on MS-Windows.  Otherwise you might get spurious
false negatives.

Reply via email to