On Thu, Oct 08, 2026 at 04:08:07PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2026 14:00:45 +0200 > > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email protected]>, [email protected] > > > > We skip the code that sets a locale to something else than C for _WIN32. > > My feeling is that it is why it does not work. > > Could be, yes.
I did that in this commit: https://cgit.git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/texinfo.git/commit/?id=dfd89f377f7e990cacac7b24c643b23e61fc543f I removed the locales command run for _WIN32, and added a trial of a switch to fr_FR, based on Eli information. I did not change the setenv call, as we use the setenv Gnulib module that probably calls SetEnvironmentVariable already. I also checked that we explicitly require both locale-h and setenv Gnulib modules. It fixed the missing translations in the CI and did not break (visibly) any other build in the CI. Let's hope that it does not break Eli build too, but based on the information collected, my feeling is that it should not. -- Pat
