> Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2026 18:54:58 +0200 > From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected], [email protected] > > > > See above, to switch first from C locale to another locale. Afterwards, > > > LANGUAGE is used to set the name to the documentlanguage, and > > > the POSIX like language names (from @documentlanguage in the Texinfo > > > code) can be used to find the translations for the output document string > > > from a place where those specific translations (for the texinfo_document > > > domain). I actually hope that there is no automatic mapping in gettext > > > to "French_France" or similar, as the file won't be found, but I do not > > > think so, as it would be an issue for all the POSIX programs ported > > > to Windows error messages, not only Texinfo output document strings. > > > > AFAIR, Gnulib already knows how to convert Posix locale names to > > Windows, so if you use Gnulib code, you should be okay. > > I am a bit confused by this Posix locale names conversion, if, as I > imagine, the files/directories based on POSIX locale names are used > during installations.
Which files/directories do you have in mind here?
