Right Click on This PC or My Comptuter or whatever it is called on your desktop. Click on Properties, Select Device Manager

Double Click on PORTS

Look at the list of COM ports used
Double click on the one you think you are using

Click on Port Settings
Make sure these are all the same as you have your radio setup to use.

Then, there is one more thing hidden here.... if you think COM3 or COM4 could be used by something else, click on Advanced and change the COM port to anything else that did not appear in the original list (ie, an unused COM port).

Close everything and reboot the computer. (Not really necessary to reboot but windows does weird things sometimes and this is the safest way to know if it works or not).

73...bruce