From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of gshockxcc via BVARC
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 8:13 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: gshockxcc <gshock...@pm.me>
Subject: [BVARC] How to HAM?

First, let me preface my request for help by saying that I am a Mechanical
Engineer and I still have no idea what is going on. I collect lots of data on
rotating and fixed equipment, and I understand Control systems just enough to
be dangerous.

That said, I have had my General license for almost a year, and I still have no
idea how to operate a ham radio, how to communicate with anyone or find
channels to communicate on. I freely admit that the amount of time that I spend
trying to learn is minimal, because of other priorities at the moment. I don't
have any friends who are into ham, and I am rarely able to make BVARC functions
like the POTA.

How in the world do you get started if you don't know where to begin?  Sorry, I
am just lost.

-Kristan

Sent from Proton Mail<https://proton.me/mail/home> for iOS