From: callers-boun...@sharedweight.net
[mailto:callers-boun...@sharedweight.net] On Behalf Of Richard Hart
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:59 AM
To: Caller's discussion list
Subject: Re: [Callers] Dance length

I usually consider 5 couple a minimum for a regular contra dance, but
triples like Money Musk require more people.
A caller up here, Byron Ricker, has been writing a few dances that he
calls "quad beckets."  Quad becket dances are becket dances that can be
danced with 4 or more couples and that never leaves anyone out (unless
there are an odd number of couples). Many, but not all becket dances
work this way.  With just 4 couples left, I've sometimes called a quad
becket with some success.

Rich.