Dear Bill,
Would you please clarify the instructions for the dance below? I believe that partners are doing the dip/dive with a shadow, but they are traveling in the same direction up or down the set, so it is not clear to me how they find each other again; nor how it is that they are next to each other to start the hey.

On a different note: Dan Pearl has written a fine dance specifically for the occasion:
Punxsutawney Promenade
by Dan Pearl
Contra/Improper/Int

A1  Neighbors balance and swing
A2  Promenade 3/4 (end facing up or down, looking at partner)
      Partners dosido
B1  Partners balance and swing
B2  Circle left once
      Pass through up & down and turn alone
     (with same neighbors) Left-hand star 3/4

Cheers! Linda