From: Brian Hamshar <bhams...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Callers] Request about requests
To: "Caller's discussion list" <call...@sharedweight.net>
Date: Friday, March 2, 2012, 11:44 PM

Reportedly it was the feeling of the board that mixers are the best way to
integrate beginners and thereby improve retention. Thus they feel it's a good
enough tool for potentially increasing attendance over time that they felt they
should codify it. I've never heard of a requirement like this being enacted,
although I understand that certain New England communities tend to have one or
more mixers at every dance. I'm afraid it'll rub a lot of callers the wrong
way. I'm rather certain it'll exacerbate the ongoing problem here of
experienced dancers showing up a half hour or more after the dance begins
(they're not popular with the regular dancers). What do others think?

Brian Hamshar