When I am asked to call a dance.. I assume the organizer has an idea
what my deal is.  If I am asked at the dance for something specific
either from a dancer or the host I will accommodate them if I know the
material, feel it works with the energy in the night and that the band
knows the tune (if applicable).

Outside of a special event... It seems a slippery slope for a dance
committee or an underwriting org. to set rules as to the order of
dances on any given night.  If I have to call in a prescribed order..
the folk is gone.

I do believe in consistency in regards to time.  You will kill a dance
series if you do not respect the dancers who do show up on time.  This
being said.. 8:00 in the real world is 8:15 ish in Nelson.

Don Primrose
Nelson, NH