Generally requests come in the form if asking for a certain move.  "Can you
call a dance with a hey in it?"  Those can generally be accommodated if it fits
the program.
I was asked once to call a specific dance.  I called it, and it was a disaster.
  It was a disaster because I wasn't familiar enough with the dance to teach it
properly, but was eager to please.  Needless to say, the dancers were not
pleased.

Lesson for me was to accommodate requests only if I know it dead cold and it
fits.