On 9/13/2013 1:59 PM, Jeff Kaufman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Erik Hoffman <e...@erikhoffman.com> wrote:
I published it ... only to find out later that Tony Parkes had
written the same dance -- for the same reason -- with the
variant of a B1 Half Promenade; Women Chain. ... Later I
found the same dance with the Right & Left Through, in
another book by a Lucille ...

This is part of why I'm skeptical that a contra dance would be
original enough to qualify for copyright protection: people keep
coming up with the same dances independently.

If Taco Bell can get legal protection for rearrangements of the same 6 ingredients in new orders, why not contra dances?

Kalia