Interesting discussion on the Portland Country Dance Community Facebook page.
Lots of great suggestions. A lot of people really don’t like “right shoulder
round” (I’m one of them). I tried one of their suggestions last night - Kipsey
- and it worked amazingly well. Easy to say, particularly when you are cutting
down the calling to one word (what do you do with right shoulder round?
shoulder? Ick.) And everyone can hear the similarity and knows what to do. I
had tried spiral for a while and people just seemed confused. The other
suggestion that I noticed today was from Susan Michaels - “look-see” That has
the virtue of a similar rhyming two syllable call, and it’s upbeat and fun and
has emphasis on facing the other person. Check out the discussion.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/62950211264/permalink/10155943260651265/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/62950211264/permalink/10155943260651265/>