On 3/13/2018 11:02 AM, Martha Wild via Callers wrote:
Interesting discussion on the Portland Country Dance Community Facebook page. Lots of great suggestions. A lot of people really don’t like “right shoulder round” (I’m one of them). I tried one of their suggestions last night - Kipsey - and it worked amazingly well.

I've been using "R/L shoulders around" since it has, at least so far, been preferable to the alternatives. The big advantage of the word "gypsy" is that it's both a noun and a verb, so you can say "gypsy your neighbor" or "dance a mirror gypsy with your partner." RSA is more cumbersome and less flexible.

Gotta say, I really like "kipsey." A lot. It's the first alternative I've heard that scratches the same itch as "gypsy" without being excessively twee or hard to say or hard to hear.

Other CA Bay Area callers on the list, what do you think about this possibility?

Kalia