Andrea, could you describe the forearm allemande?  I don't think I've seen it
and can't quite picture it.  Or maybe send a link to a video that shows it?

Of possible interest to some, one of the scenes portrayed on the Shield of
Achilles in the Iliad shows youths and maidens dancing, "holding their hands on
one another's wrists."

With best wishes,

Richard Fischer
Princeton, NJ