Try finding some litho plates; these are thin aluminium (often, but not
always) of a harder kind.

Anodizing does take some slightly threatening chemicals, but nothing really
bad.  A weak solution of battery acid will suffice.  Dilute to about 1 %
acid in water.  A more serious problem is getting enough current if you are
processing large areas.

You can cut some Al alloys with a razor blade followed by bending (very
carefully).  They break at the wound.  It is worth trying, though it does
not always work.   Finally, you must clean up the cut edge but that will
probabyl be true for a sheared edge as well.

Bob