On 12/10/2011 04:49 PM, ri...@happyleptic.org wrote:
I will try to use it for some time.
But your description of it does not match my dreams.
Ideally, I would `odb install this-package --version=X.Y.Z`,
and `odb install another-one --branch=master`, and odb would
upgrade and/or rebuild what's required.
Very similar to the gentoo package system from what I know.

Thank you anyway for not being selfish with your time.

Requesting specific package versions is not currently supported by the server, but if Sylvain can add something, I can probably support it in the client.

Odb's job is only to automate the boring parts of package installation, finding deps, downloading tarballs, extracting, building, installing. It's not a package manager. It's an 80% solution, not an integrated, 99.9%, takes control of everything solution.

E.