Or do we want to take this opportunity to decide whether mailing lists are
still the right answer?

I see a lot of people use this forum software;

https://forum.golangbridge.org/
https://community.home-assistant.io/

Not sure what the software is called, though. Or maybe those are different.

Do we want to use one of those? Maybe in addition?