> On Nov 28, 2016, at 10:49 PM, Info <i...@sagantech.biz> wrote:
>
> Hello Eric,
>
> You wrote:
>> Just to set expectations properly - the issues with the color picker in this
>> case are not new in Sierra. They occurred in earlier versions of mac OS
>> (including El Cap) as well. I don’t think they’ll be fixed in 10.12.2.
> Why not? It is a pretty bad bug and I would think it would be easy to fix. I
> don’t understand how the fixing of this bug is related to the particular OS
> it was introduced in.

Certainly I agree that the color picker issue you reported is a significant
usability problem for changing the font color.

However, software updates aren’t a free-for-all to fix any bug. As a software
engineer yourself, I’m sure you know that any bug fix, no matter how
trivial-seeming, still has risk. There’s always a chance that a bug fix will
introduce some further problems. For that reason we restrict what fixes go into
software updates much more closely than for major software releases (which have
longer schedules that allow for more testing).

Software update fixes tend to be restricted to issues that are recent
regressions, or are known to affect a significant number of users. This
particular issue doesn’t seem to fit those criteria. It’s not a new problem,
and the fact that it existed through at least one major OS release prior to
being reported indicates that it’s not causing big problems for lots of people
- if it were, we’d have a lot more reports.

-eric