On moving from 4.2.1 to 4.2.6, our apparent system load increased dramatically.

Run queue went from as high as 4 to nearly 30, with (Linux) load average
jumping from a max of 0.2 to about 15 for a user base (TGT count) of 46k.

A code diff doesn’t seem to show much, except perhaps for the addition of a
synchronous ticketTransactionManager. The only other likely candidate is either
the bump in Hazelcast version, or that we went from 3 to 4 (single CPU) VMs in
the cluster (point-to-point instead of multicast). CPU increased from a high of
about 20% (usually 5-8%) to the 50% range. This is on all nodes. Ironically,
response time doesn’t seem all that bad, though is a bit sluggish.

Anyone else experience something similar?

CAS gitter chatroom:
CAS mailing list guidelines:
CAS documentation website:
CAS project website: