You need to get the certificate into whatever keystore Tomcat is using, and
it MUST have the alias "tomcat" associated with it. The link I included
before:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/ssl-howto.html#Configuration

should contain instructions for doing that. Keytool does understand .p12
certificates, so that should be fine.

Also, if your certificate requires an intermediate certificate between it
and the root certificate (I don't remember if Let's Encrypt certs do or
not, if that's what you're using), you'll need to combine the certificates,
in the correct order, before you import them into the keystore. I provided
instructions for combining certificates in my documentation here:

https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/setup_tomcat_configure-tlsssl-settings.html#importtokeystore

But that assumes PEM certificates and a Linux environment with OpenSSL; I
don't know the equivalent Windows commands (although if you've got OpenSSL
on your Windows server they should be similar; Google should be able to
help).

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]