You should probably start by reading the CAS SAML documentation:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/development/installation/Configuring-SAML2-Authentication.html

And then you can look at, for example, the instructions here:

https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/introduction_overview.html

for a step-by-step example of how to enable SAML IdP support on the CAS
server, and build a simple test client (SP).

Note that both of the above assume that you already understand the basics
of how SAML authentication works. Not the protocol details, but at least
who talks to whom, and which provider performs which functions.

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]