Hi Marc,

The USB dongle's baud rate should have been set properly. When set to
different baud rates no readable data is received through the serial
port. Added line wrapping but it didn't change anything.

In addition, recently the communications are being disabled when the
GND wire is connected to the USB dongle. Data is only being received
when only the tx and rx wires are connected.

Regards,
Norbert