I'm no expert, but if you're running soloboot, once the roach2 has gotten
served an IP address, you should be able to just telnet in on port 7147.
There shouldn't need to be any changes.

Also, for ROACH2 ssh only works on netboot, but the NFS filesystem isn't
well developed / maintained. SSH shouldn't be super necessary.


Brad Dober
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Pennsylvania
Cell: 262-949-4668

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Madden, Timothy J. <[email protected]>
wrote:

>  I am trying to start telnetd on a roach2 booting from the local flash.
>
> I added
> telnetd
>
> to /etc/rc.local
>
> When I do a ps -a, no telnet is listed...
> Also I cannot telnet to it.
> I can ping the roach, as I set it up with
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.68
>
> I connect a linux box to the PPC ethernet, and I can ping from roach to
> linux, and linuix to roach.
>
> Not sure how to get telnet to work...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> ON our roach 1, we use ssh, and run sshd on it. Can roach2 run sshd?
>
> Tim Madden
> Argonne Lab
>
>
>

Reply via email to