> Marc
>
> If I run telnetd from the command line it just returns with no messages. I
> can see no process called anything like telnet, and I cannot telnet to it.
>
> I can however telnet  to port 7137 and get the katcp commands. It would be
> nice to get a regular telnet. However, on a roach 2 with the read only
> file system, it may be of limited use.
> I am moving from roach 1 to roach 2, and I guess I am still used to roach
> 1. I am not used to this idea of a read only file system. I like the idea
> of a regular linux system we are all used to...No big deal.

We use a netbooted NFS setup, and all our R1s and R2s (18 or so of them)
boot over the network and mount the file systems (shared) from a server.
It works well for us.  We have SSH access to them, and it's easy to
propagate a new BOF file by simply dropping it into the shared bof
directory on the server.

I don't really like the idea of treating the R2 as a toaster, either.

:)

John