Marc

If I run telnetd from the command line it just returns with no messages. I can 
see no process called anything like telnet, and I cannot telnet to it.

I can however telnet  to port 7137 and get the katcp commands. It would be nice 
to get a regular telnet. However, on a roach 2 with the read only file system, 
it may be of limited use.
I am moving from roach 1 to roach 2, and I guess I am still used to roach 1. I 
am not used to this idea of a read only file system. I like the idea of a 
regular linux system we are all used to...No big deal.


T


________________________________
From: Marc Welz [[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 2:17 AM
To: Madden, Timothy J.
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [casper] Roach 2 telnetd



On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Madden, Timothy J. 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I am trying to start telnetd on a roach2 booting from the local flash.

I added
telnetd

to /etc/rc.local

When I do a ps -a, no telnet is listed...
Also I cannot telnet to it.

What happens if you run telnetd from the commandline (via the serial connection 
?)

regards

marc

Reply via email to