Some stars look slightly orange or blue, but the fireflies all look green to
me. I think the red flashes are airplanes. Seriously, I know there are
different species of fireflies and they use different codes of flashes, but I
don't know about different colors. I'm guessing they all use the same
chemistry, so the color would be easiest to stay the same, and that's why they
use timing. There wouldn't be a noticeable doppler shift for light. Maybe the
ones seen farther from your center of vision could appear different colors if
there's a different concentration of receptors for different colors. I know not
all colors can be seen equally well in peripheral vision. Red is worst.

It is a nice night for fireflies, one of several´╗┐ lately in our yard.

--Dave Nutter