That's a great website for a neat project, Mike! On the discussion board, a
´╗┐participant (whose name & email I have omitted here) asked Linda's question,
and the project leader replied:

In my June 1, 2014 report I reported an individual flying with three flashes
and reported it as orange because red was not an option. It looked RED to me.
Is that possible?
.:Don Salvatore - 6/16/2014 1:20 pm Firefly colors are listed as yellow, yellow
green, green, orange, amber and blue. I have never heard of a red firefly. But
that doesn't mean that there isn't one. Or that because of the way people may
see colors differently or environmental conditions, you won't see a red firefly.

* * *
I still have only seen what I'd describe as yellow-green fireflies, but a lot
of them. Maybe that's all there are at my house, or maybe I haven't learned to
discern the colors. I certainly haven't put in the disciplined time of a
Firefly Watch participant, but I'm considering it. Then maybe I'll have more
legitimate replies when people ask about red flashes in the night.

--Dave Nutter