Every small molecule dataset I collected as a graduate student in chemistry back in the mid to late 1980's was at 100K. I never had to worry about crystal slippage during collection, organic solvent evaporation, air oxidation of the sample (organometallic metal clusters) or secondary radiation damage.

When I switched to protein crystallography, I was absolutely amazed when told that "you can not cool a protein crystal below 4 degrees C for data collection."

How times have changed,

Diana