"... room that was lined with insulated steel walls and that could be flushed with liquid nitrogen."

I'm trying to picture this ... did you guys have some kind of LN2- proof SCUBA diving equipment to work in there?

Klaus

                    Klaus Fütterer, Ph.D.

School of Biosciences             P: +44-(0)-121-414 5895
University of Birmingham          F: +44-(0)-121-414 5925
Edgbaston                         E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK           W: www.biochemistry.bham.ac.uk/klaus/