Cool the coverslip on the opposite side of the crystal with a chip of dry ice. Do not freeze the drop. I learned this from Gary Gilliland. Also I wonder if you can simply move the whole tray into a cooler temperature?

You can imagine that the thermal expansion coefficient of the glass coverslip and the crystal are different. I have not tried heating, but maybe that works, too?

Or bend the coverslip without breaking is by applying pressure from the opposite side.

Jim

Any suggestions for detaching crystals from cover slides will be
greatly
appreciated.

Wataru