Dear all,
I got a reviewer comment that indicate the "need to refine the structures at an
appropriate resolution (I/sigmaI of >3.0), and re-submit the revised coordinate
files to the PDB for validation.". In the manuscript I present some crystal
structures determined by molecular replacement using the same protein in a
different space group as search model. Does anyone know the origin or the
theoretical basis of this "I/sigmaI >3.0" rule for an appropriate resolution?
Thanks,
Bye,
Roberto.

Roberto Battistutta
Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry
University of Padua
via Marzolo 1, 35131 Padova - ITALY
tel. +39.049.8275265/67
fax. +39.049.8275239
roberto.battistu...@unipd.it
www.chimica.unipd.it/roberto.battistutta/
VIMM (Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine)
via Orus 2, 35129 Padova - ITALY
tel. +39.049.7923236
fax +39.049.7923250
www.vimm.it