Ciao Roberto B.

You might want to cite:

Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010 Sep;66(Pt 9):988-1000. Epub 2010 Aug
13.
Inclusion of weak high-resolution X-ray data for improvement of a group II
intron structure.
Wang J.

Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New
Haven, CT 06520, USA. jimin.w...@yale.edu
Abstract
It is common to report the resolution of a macromolecular structure with the
highest resolution shell having an averaged I/sigma(I) > or = 2. Data beyond
the resolution thus defined are weak and often poorly measured. The exclusion
of these weak data may improve the apparent statistics and also leads to claims
of lower resolutions that give some leniency in the acceptable quality of
refined models. However, the inclusion of these data can provide additional
strong constraints on atomic models during structure refinement and thus help
to correct errors in the original models, as has recently been demonstrated for
a protein structure. Here, an improved group II intron structure is reported
arising from the inclusion of these data, which helped to define more accurate
solvent models for density modification during experimental phasing steps. With
the improved resolution and accuracy of the experimental phases, extensive
revisions were made to the original models such that the correct tertiary
interactions of the group II intron that are essential for understanding the
chemistry of this ribozyme could be described.

Even if you do not take full advantage of what J. Wang suggests in the paper
you can mention that in terms of 'common practice' an I/sigma(I) = 2 is fine.

Ciao
Roberto S.