Dear Roberto,
As indicated by others in reply to you the current best practice in
protein crystallography is not a rigid application of such a cut off
criterion. This is because there is such a diverse range of crystal
qualities. However in chemical crystallography where the data quality
from such crystals is more homogeneous such a rule is more often
required notably as a guard against 'fast and loose' data collection
which may occur (to achieve a very high throughput).

As an Editor myself, whilst usually allowing the authors' chosen
resolution cut off, I will insist on the data table saying in a
footnote the diffraction resolution where I/sig(I) crosses 2.0 and/or,
if relevant, where DeltaAnom/sig(DeltaAnom) crosses 1.0.

A remaining possible contentious point with a submitting author is
where the title of a paper may claim a diffraction resolution that in
fact cannot really be substantiated.

Best wishes,
Yours sincerely,
John