Dear Roberto,
Overnight I recall an additional point:-
In chemical crystallography, where standard uncertainties are
routinely avaliable for the molecular model from the full matrix
inversion in the model refinement, it is of course possible to keep
extending your resolution until your bond distance and angles su
values go up. Thus if you distrust or do not wish to slavishly follow
a Journal's Notes for Authors, such as for Acta Crystallographica
Section C to which I referred yesterday, you can, in this way, check
yourself the good sense of the data quality criteria required. [This
is a similar test to the one that Phil mentioned yesterday ie with
respect to scrutinising electron density maps for your protein ie do
they show more detail by adding more diffraction data.]
Best wishes,
John

--
Professor John R Helliwell DSc